Stemedix Review: Mark. K (West Bend, WI)


I was diagnosed with ALS in October 2014 (Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN) however my symptoms started in June 2011 when I was 56 years old. I turned 65 on July 5. My initial symptoms included falling, difficulty walking, loss of balance, spasticity in my right leg, and foot drop. Initially, I was able to walk without any assistive device but then needed a cane and 2 years later a walker. I started taking Riluzole in December 2014 and in November 2017 Radicava. These are the only 2 approved FDA medications for ALS. In addition to the ALS meds I also had a total of 5 stem cell treatments (1 annually in each of the last 5 years). 

Every day I do stretching exercises to maintain mobility. I also do daily breathing exercises to maintain respiratory muscle strength. I am still breathing on my own, swallowing, talking (however, my voice is hoarse & raspy) and walking with the assistance of a walker. I enjoy biking and although I no longer can ride a road bike I purchased a 3 wheel recumbent bike 5 years ago that I use 3-4 times a week riding 9-11 miles round trip. I feel very blessed that I can still do as much as I am, given that this is my 9’th year since symptom onset. I can still play the trumpet for 30 minutes every other day and taught myself how to play the piano last year. 

The people at Stemedix that I have dealt with include Sarah, Dr. Khan, Dr. Daly, Becky & Fred. They have all been very professional, knowledgeable and supportive. I appreciate their cooperation and assistance these past 3 years and look forward to partnering with them in the years ahead.

My condition is stable. I feel the stem cell treatments complement everything else that I do. I take several supplements every day. The combination of daily physical therapy, ALS meds, stem cell treatments, hyperbaric oxygen treatments, daily supplements and prayers to the Lord for strength help me to continue fighting this devastating disease. I truly believe that all of the aforementioned are helping to slow the progression of the disease.

Popular posts from this blog

Stemedix Review: A. Cusimano (Orlando, FL)

Stemedix Review: Randy T. (Green Valley, AZ)

Stemedix Review: Becky C. (Moore, OK)